Fordham publishes 2022 football schedule
The Rams will travel to Ohio University this fall
Bronx, NY – The 2022 Fordham University football schedule was officially released today and includes one game against an FBS opponent as well as five home games at Jack Coffey Field.
The head coach Joe ConlinThe Rams open the 2022 season with a trip to the Verrazano Bridge to face Wagner College on September 1. Three weeks later, Fordham traveled to Athens, Ohio to face the Ohio University Bobcats. It will be the 11th time in the past 12 years that Fordham has faced an NCAA FCS school (a 2020 game in Hawaii was canceled due to COVID), with the Rams winning two of the games, a 30-29 triumph at Temple in 2013 , and a 37-35 victory at Army West Point in 2015.
Fordham also has non-conference games listed with Monmouth University, University at Albany and Stony Brook University.
After a 4-2 record last year in the Patriot League, Fordham will play a six-game schedule this fall, with home games against Colgate, Georgetown and Lafayette.
September 1 – at Wagner (Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, Neb.)
- Fordham won last year’s game, 56-7, at Jack Coffey Field.
- The Seahawks are coached by former Fordham head coach Tom Masella.
- 13th meeting between Fordham and Wagner.
- Two teams met in the 1987 NCAA Division III Playoff Game.
- The first eleven meetings took place on the NCAA Div. Level III.
- The Rams and Seahawks played at Giant Stadium in 1978, a game the Rams won.
- The Seahawks are members of the Northeastern Conference.
- Wagner was 0-11 last fall.
September 10 – at Monmouth University (Kessler Stadium, West Long Branch, NJ)
- Fifth meeting between Fordham and Monmouth on the grill.
- Monmouth leads the all-time series, 3-1.
- The Hawks won last year’s game, 26-23, at Jack Coffey Field.
- Fordham won the 2017 game, 54-31, at Jack Coffey Field as Kevin Anderson completed 19 of 27 passes for 340 yards and five touchdowns.
- Monmouth moves from the Big South Conference to CAA in 2022.
- The Hawks went 7-4 in 2022, 6-1 in the Deep South.
September 17 – vs. University of Albany (Jack Coffey Field)
- Back home
- Ninth meeting between the Rams and the Great Danes.
- The all-time series is tied 4-4.
- First meeting since 2007, a 23-20 victory in Albany on Jack Coffey Field.
- The first four meetings were held on the NCAA Div. Level III.
- Albany is a member of the CAA for football.
- First of two CAA opponents for Fordham in 2022 (Stony Brook).
September 24 – at Ohio University (Peden Stadium, Athens, Ohio)
- First meeting between Fordham and the University of Ohio on the grill.
- The game will be Fordham’s fourth in Buckeye State, the first since a 2012 game in Cincinnati.
- The Rams are 2-3 all-time against teams currently in the MAC (Buffalo (1-2), Akron (1-0), Ball State (0-1)).
- The most recent game with a MAC school was at Ball State in 2019.
- The Bobcats went 3-9 overall, 3-5 in the MAC, in 2021.
October 1 – vs. Georgetown University* (Jack Coffey Field)
- family weekend
- 68th meeting between Fordham and Georgetown on the grill.
- The Rams lead the all-time series, which began in 1889, 41-23-3.
- Fordham has won eight of the last nine meetings, including a 41-20 victory in Washington, D.C., last fall, as Tim DeMorat completed 22 of 37 passes for 273 yards and three touchdowns while Zach Davis gained 103 yards on 21 carries with two scores.
- Fordham is 16-3 against Georgetown since the Hoyas joined the Patriot League in 2001.
- The Rams are 20-7-1 against Georgetown at Jack Coffey Field.
- The 63 college meetings with the Hoyas are the most against any opponent for the Rams.
- Georgetown was 2-8 in 2021, 1-5 in the Patriot League.
October 8 – at Lehigh University* (Goodman Stadium, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania)
- 33rd meeting between Fordham and Lehigh on the grill.
- The Rams have won six of the last eight meetings, including three of the last four at Jack Coffey Field.
- Tim DeMorat had 24 of 40 passes for a career-high 401 yards and three touchdowns and rushed three times for 16 yards and two scores, including the game-winner with 1:45 bore in the 35-win 28 from Fordham last year.
- The Mountain Hawks were 3-8 overall, 3-3 in the Patriot League, last season.
October 15 – Stony Brook University (Jack Coffey Field)
- Sixth meeting between Fordham and Stony Brook on the gridiron with the Seawolves leading the all-time series, 3-2.
- Fourth meeting at the NCAA FCS level as the first two meetings were held at the NCAA Division III level.
- Fordham won last year’s encounter, 31-14, at Stony Brook as Tim DeMorat completed 21 of 33 passes for 280 yards and four touchdowns while Ryan Greenhagen had his fourth straight double-digit tackle game, making 16 saves, including 2.0 for loss, one sack, and he intercepted a pass.
- Stony Brook participates in the CAA for football.
- The Sea Wolves were 5-6 overall, 4-4 in the CAA, in 2021.
October 29 – at Holy Cross* (Fitton Field, Worcester, Mass.)
- 60th meeting between Fordham and Holy Cross on the grill.
- Annual Ram-Crusader Cup competition.
- The Rams are 12-11 against Holy Cross as a home team (7-6 at Jack Coffey Field), 9-15-1 at Holy Cross, 2-2-1 at the Polo Grounds and 1-1 at Yankee Stadium.
- Holy Cross has won the last two Patriot League titles.
- The Crusaders went 10-3 overall, 6-0 in the Patriot League, in 2021.
November 5 – at Bucknell University* (Christy Mathewson Memorial Stadium, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania)
- 38th meeting between Fordham and Bucknell on the grill.
- Fordham leads the all-time series, 19-18.
- Fordham have won the last nine meetings, including a 66-21 win over Jack Coffey Field last October as Tim DeMorat completed 26 of 36 passes for 318 yards and tied a school record with six touchdowns.
- The first four meetings between the Rams and Bison were at the Polo Grounds, with Fordham winning three of the four.
- The Bisons were 1-10 overall, 0-6 in the Patriot League, last fall.
Nov. 12 – vs. Lafayette College* (Jack Coffey Field)
- 40th meeting between Fordham and Lafayette on the grill.
- The Rams have won five of the last nine meetings, including a 42-41 win at Lafayette last October as Tim DeMorat scored on a two-yard run with 28 seconds left to secure the victory.
- The Rams have won four of the last five meetings at Jack Coffey Field.
- Chase Edmonds set the Patriot League record with 359 rushing yards against the Leopards in 2017.
- The Leopards were 3-8 overall, 2-4 in the Patriot League, in 2021.
November 19 – vs. Colgate University* (Jack Coffey Field)
- 34th meeting between Fordham and Colgate on the grill.
- The Raiders toppled the Rams, 45-31, in last season’s finale at Colgate.
- Fordham beat Colgate in the spring of 2021 to earn Colgate a three-game winning streak in the all-time series.
- The Raiders were 5-6 overall, 5-1 in the Patriot League last year.
* – Patriot League game