A list of key characters from the “Game of Thrones” prequel
Given the detailed Targaryen family tree that George RR Martin develops in his Game Of Thrones books, many fans are curious about which characters will appear in the next HBO series Dragon house. Learn more about the key set of characters appearing in Dragon house. Plus, get details about their background and how they fit into the Game Of Thrones story.
‘House of the Dragon’ to debut in 2022 on HBO
Dragon house takes place 200 years before the fall of the throne that we see in Game Of Thrones. The Martin-inspired HBO series will detail the beginnings of House Targaryen, detailing the events that led to the Dance of the Dragons – the Targaryen Civil War.
“Dreams don’t make us kings,” says a voice in the trailer, which lasts just over a minute. “The dragons did it.”
The cast of “House of the Dragon” includes cast from “Doctor Who”, “Harry Potter” and “Bates Motel”
As Game of Thrones, the dragon house will feature a star-studded talent cast. Here’s a list of characters and what we know about them so far:
- King Viserys I (Paddy Considine): He inherited the throne from his grandfather Jaehaerys I, known in Martin’s books as the man who created the Seven Kingdoms. Viserys I ruled during the “Targaryen Peak of Power”.
- Rhaenyra Targaryen (Emma D’Arcy): She is the only surviving child of Viserys who eventually becomes the Princess of Dragonstone. Also known as “Realm’s Delight,” Rhaenyra has to face her stepmother, who wants her son Aegon to take the throne. She also faces a judgment surrounding her rumored romance with Daemon, her uncle.
- Demon Targaryen (Matt Smith from Doctor Who fame): The angry brother of King Viserys, Daemon serves as master of the play and ultimately of the laws. Daemon seeks glory and power. According to The Hollywood Reporter, which classifies him as “heir to the throne,” he could achieve it.
RELATED: Will HBO’s ‘Game of Thrones’ Ending Influence Future Novels?
- Otto Hightower (Rhys Ifans from Harry potter fame): It serves as the king’s hand for Viserys and his grandfather before him, Jaehaerys. A rift between Otto and Daemon allows Otto to inspire the king to remove his brother from the council.
- Alice’s High Tower (Olivia Cooke from Motel Bates glory): Otto Hightower’s daughter Alicent becomes Viserys I’s wife after Aemma’s death. Alicent’s role in the history of the Seven Kingdoms is paramount, as she is the mother of Viserys’ son, Aegon.
- Corlys Velaryon (Steve Toussaint): Also known as “The Sea Serpent”, Corlys is married to Rhaenys. He is the father of his daughter Laena and his son Laenor, who he believes should claim the throne over Viserys.
The other key figures of Dragon house include Ser Vaemond Velaryon (Wil Johnson), Ser Laenor Velaryon (John Macmillan), Lady Laena Velayron (Savannah Steyn) and Ser Laenor Velaryon (Theo Nate).
How to watch the “Game of Thrones” spin-off
Episodes of Dragon house will be available to HBO subscribers via cable or the HBO Max app. Those who subscribe to HBO through Amazon Prime will access their content through Amazon’s streaming platform.
Viewers without an HBO subscription can purchase individual episodes or seasons of Dragon house via Amazon Prime. Dragon house is slated to air on HBO in 2022.